- If you attend all the main events for the year (the Fall Mini-Conference, Book Talk, and the Reading Teacher of the Year reception), you will earn recertification points for licensure renewal.
- Non-members who wish to attend the Fall Mini-Conference have to pay $20 at the door to come to the event. Current members will not have to pay anything, because it is a part of your membership.
- Non-members who wish to attend the 4th Annual Book Talk have to pay $5 at the door. Again, current members do not pay to come as it is also included in your membership.
- Your membership card will have a list of local businesses who will give you 10% off your purchase throughout the year. You will just need to present your card!
- Nominees for the WARC Reading Teacher of the Year honor must be WARC members to be eligible.
- WARC members that participate in the summer Teachers as Readers will receive a professional book to keep (which can range from $25-40 in cost, depending on what text is selected.) TAR participants also earn recertification points for fully participating in the TAR summer events and assignments. (You must be a member of WARC in order to participate in the Teachers as Readers group.)
- Free prizes, such as children's books, free Joy of Literacy and Literature conference entries, and Barnes and Noble gift cards are given away at the various events of the year. The more you attend events, the more chances that you have to win a prize!
- Your dual membership in WARC and VSRA are great professional organizations to include in your portfolio and resume.
- Additional benefits with the VSRA can be reviewed via the VSRA website.
As you can see, the more that you participate, the more that the benefits of joining stack up!
A drawing will take place for members who join by October 6th. WARC will select two lucky members to win a Peter Brown book collection, as well as several Barnes and Noble gift cards!